Mon, Jun 12|
Queen of Peace Catholic Academy
ECA Summer 2023 Chess Camp
For Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced Players. No experience necessary. Diploma Challenge* for beginners, intermediate and advanced tactics training, outdoor activities, chess assessment, tournaments, chess crafts, outdoor activities, and much more.
Time & Location
Jun 12, 9:00 AM EDT – Jul 28, 4:00 PM EDT
Queen of Peace Catholic Academy, 10900 SW 24th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32607, USA
About the event
Welcome to our ECA Summer 2023 Chess Camp! This is a fun and educational program like no other that will offer your child an opportunity to improve their chess skills and enjoy a wide range of other unique chess-related activities.
- Beginners* will be able to participate in the Diploma Challenge, a step-by-step level-up program designed to teach new learners the basics of chess. Finish the challenge festively with a tournament and graduation ceremony for all students who obtain their Pawn Diploma.
- Intermediate and advanced players will embark on intensive tactics training through exercises and strategies that will help take your child's game to the next level.
- Chess Campers will receive individual chess assessment that will help coaches pinpoint strengths and weaknesses with precision, to help our coaches tailor their instruction to your child's needs.
- Chess Campers will have the opportunity to compete in tournaments to put their skills to the test against other campers in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Chess Campers will create a variety of chess crafts to boost their creativity and improve visual learning and memory.
- Chess Campers will participate in interactive indoor and outdoor chess-related activities that are designed to be fun and engaging.
- Playing chess cultivates skills needed in STEM. Chess Campers will explore these problem-solving skills and apply them to fun STEM activities.
Overall, our goal is to create an enjoyable and enriching experience for your child, where they can build their confidence, make new friends, and develop a lifelong love for chess. We hope your child will join us for an unforgettable summer of chess!
*Diploma Challenge includes an online component and requires minimum participation in 1 session for 4 consecutive weeks. You may elect participation in Diploma Challenge at the end before submitting the Registration form.